Paying Attention to Attention - Part 1
02. One of the hard parts
03. The list, for now
04. (Morning Wake Up Wars): #1: The automatic timer scare yourself awake alarm method
05. More than 2 items needs a list
06. (Morning Wake up Wars): #2: The Ritalin Freight Train Wake Up Routine
07. (Morning Wake up Wars): #3: I used to set my clock radio to the wrong time
08. Other Clocks, Other Times
09. They say Energy Follows Attention
10. The clock tricks went on for years
-- Thomas Edison
08. Other Clocks, Other Times(Paying Attention to Attention - Part 8 - August 6, 2011)
I used to set other clocks in the house to different times, too, so i'd never know for sure what time it was and would have to think about it and measure when I need to leave the house by a look at the one i was pretty sure was accurate, like the microwave... i had a little formula for it - i'd already set the bedroom alarm to about 40+ mins earlier than real time... Then I also set the main floor clocks, there were usually a couple, to either 10, 12 or 15 minutes fast. so I had to keep looking and thinking, "Oh I have to go or I'll be late", and since I didn't know which was which after a while, I just had to obey whichever one I was looking at right then.
Yeah, and that didn't really work worth a damn, either, because on most days, I was awake enough by then to know it was a trick, so I'd just get all rebellious on myself and end up being even later for wherever the hell I was supposed to be.